Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Friday, June 02, 2006

My Debut


I did it! I walked into a boutique with my paintings in a giant orange oil cloth bag. I showed them to the owner, Trenna Lange. I was so nervous. She was so enthusiastic. Before I knew it my paintings were priced, hanging, and I was scheduled for a "meet the artist" at her shop in a few days. The biggest crowd at my debut was my friends from church who came to cheer me on, but I soled 4 paintings! Altogether I have sold 10 at her shop. It's a bit weird, thinking about my work hanging in a stranger's home. It's also very validating. Honestly I am amazed. To see my paintings click here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Heather Bailey said...

Well, there you are! Nice to see your sweet face. Your paintings are fantastic.!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Kelly Sue said...

Congratulations - that's awesome.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Hanna said...

congratulations, that is soooo cool!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Sewzannes said...

Your paintings are beautiful.

9:03 PM  
Blogger firehead4 said...

You are so talented and brave. Your work is very beautiful.
Congrats on selling your pieces...I hope to achieve your success one day soon as well!
firehead4
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home