Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Pink Paradise

I have been dreaming up my daughter Lily's room for over a year (along with every other room imaginable). We just signed a contract on a house and should be moving in July. Here's some of the inspiration for the room. I just finished the paintings. I've only started the pillows. I bought them plain pink at Urban Outfitters for $5 and will embellish them with yoyos. I also bought the pink and red table cloth for $10. I'm thinking of making curtains out of it. It's supposed to be a pink and orange room, but I keep getting sucked in by pink. HELP!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Isaac Bailey said...

Go Pink!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Heather Bailey said...

Did you make those pillows with the velveteen or are you just adding yo-yos to an existing pillow? I love the yo-yo thing. It's kinda cool all abstract and wandering. Or - are you covering the whole pillow front? So many questions!! There isn't enough retail access to velveteen - sigh. Love ya!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous ellie said...

you should throw some white and torquoise into the mix. my sisters (as you know) went with all pink, and after a few years they're both sick of it. it's just such an overwhelming color, i think that using other colors to accent the pink would help keep the bedroom fresh and interesting.

1:49 PM  
Blogger mathea said...

I came across your blog for the first time today, and I realize this post is old, so you might have decided what to do by now Just thougt I'd add my humble opinon ;-)
Pink is great for a girls room, but to much of a good thing can get overwhelmming. I think you have the right idea with those fabric choices - adding some citrusy orange and yellow stops it from getting too sweet. And if you're thinking citrus colours, why not add some lime green for contrast?

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there!
Very like it!
Very much interesting site. We enjoyed visiting your website very much.

My links here:

http://percocet.butkel1.org/ percocet


Buy!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://car-insurance-moza.blogspot.com/
Dont forget!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home