Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Water Lilies

I really discovered lily pads in St Louis. We have the most beautiful botanical gardens here. It's free to residents on Saturday mornings and has become a favorite family activity. The lily pads get over 4 feet across, with rims 2 or 3 inches tall. And they have the most amazing giant flowers. I was shocked the first time I saw them. Here's a photo Dale Chihuly's glass orbs in the water lily pond.

Here's my own little Lily in front of the water lily pond. What a ham!

And here's my own version of a water Lily. I just finished it this morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger Funky Finds said...

The gardens look fabulous! And I love your painting.

3:27 PM  
Blogger weimaraner said...

You conquered the lily pads!!! Congratulations. This is one of my favorite pieces you have ever done.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Heather Bailey said...

Oh, I miss you guys already! Those orbs are so cool - makes me want a pond in the yard. Yes, and again, I LOVE the painting. It's beautiful!

10:31 PM  
Blogger sunshine said...

I love Chihuly's stuff. He has one of his shandalers (sp) hanging in Salt Lake City we got to stay for the weekend in a holtel there. I could kick myself for not taking a photo of it. Love the picture. i just love your and your sisters site. I used her bootie pattern with major modifications in size and dimensions to make a pair of doll shoes that I posted a picture of the doll on my site. I keep forgetting to tell her to come look.

Have a great day
Sunshine
http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/

1:45 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

I was lucky to see Chihuly's installation at Kew Gardens - the ones in the lake were some of my favourites. I took lots and lots of pictures but none as good as yours.

Your lily painting is lovely - it has such a tranquil feel to it.

12:41 PM  
Blogger 'L' said...

love your site, I have added you to my blogroll. What a talented family you are a part of. I have a couple of your mum's doll patterns which I plan to tackle when I pluck up the courage.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home