Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Lily's Garden



My little Lily is so enthusiastic and so fun to do things for. Before we moved into this house I would get her excited about the move by talking about her new bedroom. She informed me that it had to be orange and pink with flowers on the wall. So I have tried to fulfill her little fantasy.

I remember when I was about her age I longed for red patent leather mary-janes. My mom, sister, and I looked everywhere for them. We never did find them, but even then I appreciated the effort. I also remember begging for a hair-do that looked like the top of a wedding cake. So, some little girl fantasies should definitely be ignored. But an orange and pink room with flowers on the wall I can handle.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Heather said...

Is Lily just loving those flowers? What a lucky little girl :-)

11:06 AM  
Blogger bug girl said...

My little girl wish was to have a smurf bedroom. We got as far as making smurf blankets and painting our room a pastel green. But the smurf wallpaper never did get put up on the wall. Now my little girl wish is to have a shop/garage/studio/house all to myself. A place to sleep, paint, saw, dance, cook, and sew. One day it will be mine. Hopefully before I grow up.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Laura Gunn Studio said...

bug girl,
I love the shop/studio/garage/house idea, but think it could be dangerous. I mean what if while dancing you slip on saw dust and fall into a pot of boiling water. sometimes you have to think these things through.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home