Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Friday, December 29, 2006

The Gunn Family Puppet Theater



One of my favorite gifts to give this year was this puppet theater that my mom and I made. We used fabric I had around. So the only expense was 2 spring rods and a storage bin. I used a wrapping paper bin, which easily fits the theater and a lot of puppets. The bottom section is a single panel with a casing on top. The top section is 2 panels, embellished, also with a casing on top. Since the rods are adjustable it fits in any doorway. The best part is, once it's up your audience is trapped in the room!

6 Comments:

Anonymous lazylol said...

Aren't these kind of gifts the most treasured of all. This is the sort of thing that your kids will be talking about in years to come. It is a lovely idea.

9:27 AM  
Blogger June said...

It's wonderful! The whole idea is so serendipitous. My husband and I were planning yesterday for what to do for all the grandchildren (8) next Christmas after my big effort for this year (I made each grandchild a 24 inch floor pillow with an embroidered book pocket). Since we both have large families, I have to plan so many projects per month to get everything done. I said I think I'll make puppets and a theatre--and here you've actually done it. I guess this means that our project is meant to be so I need to go ahead and get to work on it. I'm so happy that you've written about your theatre. I'm thinking of writing little sample plays for them to start with--one for each family set.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Laura Gunn Studio said...

wow, June, you must be an amazing grandma. I can't even think of next christmas.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Nikkol said...

Hey there...love this! I am going to have to copy it!

8:01 PM  
Blogger JamesD said...

Absolutely darling puppet theater! Any creative ideas for puppets too? Are the two top valances sewn together or are they just pushed together on the rod? Very, very cute!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Laura Gunn Studio said...

Hi james,
the 2 top valances are seperate. I haven't made any puppets yet, but my favorite place to buy them is Costco.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home