Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Happies


9 days until Christmas. Can you believe it? I still need to hand out goodies to my friends. They are mostly assembled. I just need to make the tour of the neighborhood. This year I gift wrapped fancy chocolate bars. I was inspired by some candy bars at Anthropology. It was such a fun project. I got some pretty paper at a stamping store, some vellum, and ribbon.

My sisters British friend calls the little Christmas goodies or trinkets you pass out to your friends "Happies." I love that. We've certainly gotten some delicious happies this year. I have eaten more than my share. Ah well. Tis' the season.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Heather said...

Pretty!

8:52 AM  
Blogger sunshine said...

very nice just watch for ice.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sixth generation Mississippian, and I've heard my mom and grandmother call such little gifts "happies". We have a good bit of English, Scottish, Irish blood, so maybe that is why we have used the term for generations.

It's not just for little Christmas gifts....."Happies" are for any time of year.

Enjoying your blog! Just discovered it today along with www.hellomynameisheather.com You are part of a very creative family! Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Penny in Mississippi

10:21 AM  
Blogger Laura Gunn Studio said...

I can't wait to tell my sister they say happies in Mississippi too. This will definately become part of our family vocab.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home