Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

He-Man

Do you guys remember He-Man. My little brother would watch that every afternoon. "By the Power of Grey Skull. I have the power!!!!" I would like to be at the meeting where they came up with the name "He-man." Someone had to present the problem: "We need a name that says ultimate man, strong, powerful, manly." There must have been other suggestions like muscle-man, male-man, or him-man before someone came up with that ingenious title. But... I ramble.

The tree trimming has begun. A friend came over and he and Dave climbed trees and buildings with a chain saw. What's more Him-Man than that. Here's Dave on the Garage.

Thanks for your little notes about the ice. Yes, it has thawed and my bum is safer for it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Heather said...

I'm biting my nails... that looks mighty dangerous.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Becki B said...

That's so funny about He-Man! I used to watch that show religiously! I even named my cat Sheera (sp?). What great memories!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going back a bit further than the He-Man cartoons my children used to watch in the 1980's.....is from my own childhood of watching the Little Rascals, Spanky & Alfalfa. They had a club called "The He-Man Woman Haters Club". Still makes me giggle every time I say it.
LuAnn from Oregon

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home