Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I don't know what it is about a fireplace mantel, but it really makes me feel at home. My parents had a beautiful mantel and I loved decorating it for Christmas, especially hanging the stockings. I have hung stockings in a lot of weird places over the years, but now we have our very own mantel!!

My sweet friend Cherie came over to help me decorate for Christmas. (My friends have all been so sweet and thoughtful with the passing of my father.) We put my nativities on the mantel and both agreed it needed something with a little height. A star seems pretty obvious now, but I couldn't think of a solution. Cherie suggested it. Then I found this funky mirror at Hobby Lobby. It's not a Christmas ornament, but may be my favorite star of Bethlehem ever. I am finally done with the decorating, a bit late with all the traveling, but done. I just love to sit in the dark with the Christmas lights on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Funky Finds said...

beautiful! happy holidays!

4:46 PM  
Blogger becki said...

LOVE the star! I bet you will find many uses for it after the holidays. I wish I had a mantle to decorate! What fun! Merry Christmas!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home