Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Monday, December 11, 2006

Welcome Home!



Well, after Heather's post about their day at the snow, I thought I'd better show what God "trucked" into our neighborhood. After 2 weeks in the NW for my dad's funeral and visiting family, this is what we came home to. YIKES! What a mess. 4 Trees lost LARGE branches. One fell on our garage. Thank heaven no damage to the garage or house. Just a huge mess to clean up.

It appears that our house is the North Pole of our neighborhood, because while all the other yards are thawing ours is still covered in a thick layer of ice. Saturday, while climbing out of the car, I slipped. It was like a slow motion blooper. I had my hand on the car, which helped me to slow it down, but I still landed flat on my back. Didn't hurt much, but I sure looked silly.

This week Dave will have to gather together enough man power and chain saws to put a dent in the mess. This is an area where I am fiercely old fashioned about gender roles. Hee hee.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Heather said...

Yikes!

1:32 PM  
Blogger sunshine said...

I am glad you were not hurt. That can be a hugh job to clean up make sure there is lots of hot coco for the guys to warm up with on breaks.
Take care
sunshine

P.S.
the offer still stand for a baby bonnet

3:07 PM  
Blogger MFM said...

Aren't you starting a little early for a white Christmas? No more falls, please or if you must, wear a cushion on your butt. Hey, maybe you should design a butt saver.
I need to talk to you about my upcoming trip.
Aunt Muff

6:59 PM  
Blogger bug girl said...

Too bad the snow is ice, then you could make some really great snowmen. I hope it thaws for you, so you don't have to go sliding about on your rumpass the hole season.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home