Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

After: The Power of Paint


I just love painting walls and furniture. It is so cheap and makes everything feel clean and new. A nice color on the walls makes your furniture, art work, everything look nicer. My friend Nikkol got me painting without tape. (Practice, practice girls. You can do it too.) And that has made it even faster and funner.

I wanted to share a trick I found in "Do It Yourself" magazine. I was worried that these shiny red shelves (see below) were painted with oil based paint. "Do It Yourself" said to test this you soak a cotton ball in ammonia and tape it to the painted surface for an hour. If it cracks it's water-based. Hallelujah, it cracked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home