Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

After: Toy Storage



I wanted to have room that was comfy and casual, but not junky. I wanted the toys accessible, but not out. I also had a limited budget. So I slip covered a giant utility shelf, that I already had, with canvas. The side and back are completely covered. The front has 2 flaps. You may notice the red ribbons on each size. That was to make up for my imperfect measuring. This took about 4 yards of 60" wide canvas.

Next I slip covered 2 plastic storage bins I had. The covers are basically giant sacks with elastic on the rim. Really simple to make. Now they contain dress up and blankets. It took about 3 yards of 60" wide canvas for the 2 combined

Between these 2 projects and the 2 doors I made canvas curtains for (I wanted to cover my unsightly storage and laundry rooms) I used about 11 yards of canvas. With my 40% off coupon at Joann's it wasn't such a bad deal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Can you use the space under the stairs for storage? Down the road maybe you can tuck it under there when time & budget allows?

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home