Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Nursery for a Son of a Gunn







I am so excited about these fabrics. I've been stewing over what to do for my wee one's nursery colors. I'm putting him in a little nook in Lily's room. Her room is pink and orange and the nook is already orange. My sister Rachel pointed out this great website for fabric: http://www.purlsoho.com/purl/products/fabric And I was inspired.

The first 2 are from Amy Butler's Belle. The next 2 are my very own Heather Bailey's Free Spirit. The Last 2 are Heather Ross' Lightening bugs. Yum Yum Yummy. I think I want to do the crib skirt out of the pups and the bumper out of the stripe. And a crazy quilt out of a bit of everything. Lucky me, I already have the Fresh Cut prints and the Belle dots. Now to get my hands on the rest. Does anybody know of a good quilt shop in St Louis?

Our power was out for a day and 2 nights. We made a little adventure out of it for a few hours. We made a fire in the fireplace, threw a mattress on the living room fire, roasted marshmallows, and even considered toughing it out for the night. Luckily, the cold didn't completely numb our senses and we took up a friend's offer to crash at their house. Boy were we glad we did. We enjoyed serious comfort food (Chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes), entertainment from their adorable kids, great late night conversation, and a feast for our eyes in their beautiful 150 year old mansion. It's almost enough to make you want the power to go off. Despite the fun we were thrilled to find our power had turned back on when we got home. Saint Louis is crazy with power outages.

3 Comments:

Anonymous ginny said...

i love love love your choices! these are the same colors that i chose for my baby room! im glad that i am not the only one making all my baby room stuff, you just cant find things ready made as perfect as the fabrics you have chosen. good luck! i hope you will post a picture when you are all done.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Laurie said...

Cute stuff, Laura!!!!!!!!!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous jona said...

Those fabrics are yummy! I did my son's room in orange (actually Laura Ashley gold 3, but his favorite color is orange so that's what we call it). I love your fun and funky combination (especially the puppies)!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home