Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Orange Calla Lily

I'm really pleased with this one. I finally signed and glazed it today and thought I'd post it. Believe it or not, calla lilies really do come in this color. I say that because sometimes I make up my own flowers.

I have replenished my painting stock enough to take them down to a boutique or gallery. I just want to make prints of them before I let them go. It's such a final thing to sell a painting. I already regret not getting better photos of some of the ones I've sold. So, first things first.

I finally faced my giant pile-o-papers today. It's never fun, but I do feel a great sense of relief when I'm done. For a reward Lily and I had BATs (Bacon, avocado, and tomato sandwiches) on sour dough. Have you discovered this ready to serve bacon? 25 seconds in the microwave. I think it is positively evil for bacon to be that easy for me to eat. Bad bad bad.

10 Comments:

Blogger June said...

I love your calla lilly painting! Sorry for not being up on such things but in what medium is your painting? Oils? I love the texture I can see in your photo and the colors are so full of light--just wonderful.

The BATS sound great; I'll have to try it this way. Oh dear, now I'm hungry.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Laura Gunn Studio said...

Hi June! Thanks. I love to play with texture. In fact I deliberately keep my texture sort of random. It gives me something to work against as I paint. I use acrylics in lots and lots of layers.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

that's a gorgeous painting! i love the textured quality of the leaf. oh, and about the color - that's the exact callas i had as my wedding bouquet.

6:10 PM  
Blogger becki said...

that is so beautiful! You did a lovely job!!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous ginny said...

amazing!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Heather Bailey said...

Beautiful!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

THis is breath taking! I'm very curious about the glazing medium you use. Is this painting acrylics or oil? And do you have professional pictures made of your paintings done when making prints or do you use your own. Sorry about all the questions. I'm just admire them so much and do a bit of painting myself. I thought "it doesn't hurt to ask". Thanks :)

5:30 AM  
Blogger Peggi Meyer Graminski said...

Wow, this painting is gorgeous - I absolutely love the palette, and (being a major fan of textures too =), the textures here are fantastic! Beautifully done!

2:58 PM  
Blogger amandajean said...

what a beautiful painting!!! I love it!

I love bacon also...may have to try that ready to serve stuff...and a BAT. Yum!

4:09 PM  
Anonymous casapinka said...

WOWSAH, is that painting beautiful!!! Such talent - where do you sell them?

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home