Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Road Trip



Dave's sister Carrie has been staying with us for the past 6 month. She's a great cook, a sweet friend, and a wonderful aunt, so it was great to have her. But she got a job offer in WA state and was homesick (that's where all the Gunns are.) So She and Dave left St Louis last week and charged out there with 2 cats and all her possessions. 3 days later they made it safe and sound, but not without some adventures on the way.

They hit a crazy storm in Wyoming where it was sunny out, but snowing horizontally from the wind. They saw trees and even grass coated in ice. I thought these pics of the grass were amazing.

Meanwhile I was cleaning like a mad women (that nesting energy has finally kicked in and I'm rarely sick lately.) I can't say I loved Carrie's cats as much as I love her. (She's very forgiving of this.) I am on a hunt for cat hair. Boy howdy, that stuff gets into EVERYTHING.

My biggest nesting project was cleaning and painting the basement to surprise Dave on his return. Pics to come shortly.

3 Comments:

Blogger sunshine said...

All I can say is WOW that is some weird grass and ice. Pretty cool too no pun intended.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

That's crazy! It looks like funky sci-fi test-tube grass. Weird.

Can't wait to see the basement ; )

12:44 PM  
Blogger Frances said...

Wow. Amazing photos of ice/grass.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home