Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Scotty-Dog Delirium



Thank you Jenny B. Harris for an absolutely flawless pattern. This Scotty-Dog pattern is so simple and so sweet. I put a little mint box filled with beads inside mine so it will rattle for baby. Then I carried it around the house for 2 days dreaming of my little one shaking it around. Ridiculous, I know, but I took the obsession even further with this ode to scotty-dog throw pillow. Won't that be sweet in my nursery with that Heather Ross Dog fabric.

I am so relieved to be feeling well again. After 5 months of nausea and 2 months of IVF hormones, just feeling normal is the nicest thing in the world. I think I'm driving my husband crazy with all my projects and my insistence that the nursery must be ready NOW! He is so sweet to pretend to be interested in my fabric choices and lengthy descriptions of my plans.

I've decide to forget about all other home improvements and focus on the nursery. I have this nagging fear that I will crash any day and not have the baby's nest ready in time. And as we all know, it is very important to newborns that their room is completely color coordinated and stylish. They get very fussy otherwise.

So, along with the scotty-dog stuff I also slip covered my nursing chair with this brown floral "bed spread" from Urban outfitters ($27!). You may already know about my love for their inexpensive linens. My living room curtains and studio curtains are both made from Urban Outfitters linens.

Bla bla bla. I'm so chatty today. I wish all this nesting energy helped with the house cleaning and bills. Uh-oh, I think I feel my nausea returning.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:40 AM  
Blogger becki said...

The dog turned out so cute!! Neat idea to make it "rattle"! I also LOVE your chair. That is so cool!!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Heather Bailey said...

Laura, I love those Scotties! I'm going to have to go hunt down that doggy pattern. What a great idea to make it into a rattle.

I had a little fascination for Scotties a few months back and found a vintage pattern for a Scottie-dog quilt on eBay. I might have a photo -- I'll send it to you (though the seller does post it regularly).

The chair looks great as well. Sew, Laura, sew!

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scotty dog is fantastic!

4:46 AM  
Anonymous ginny said...

laura, im glad you are feeling better! its funny how pregnancy is so wonderful but can make you feel so yucky. thank you for sharing your idea about making the doggy into a rattle, i cant wait to try that.

7:16 AM  
Blogger The Lazy Organizer said...

I love all of it! Especially that chair! I have got to make a visit to that place because I've got some furniture that needs covering. Thanks!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home