Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Monday, February 26, 2007

Girls, Girls, Girls



I wanted to show off these charming vintage paper dolls that my mom found. They're too precious to be played with, but she framed one page for Lily's room. I love it so much I think I could have all the pages framed. Do you guys have any other ideas for them?
I think I need to make Lily a poofy slip like the paper dolls are wearing. They are so sweet. The Easter dresses are coming out. I'd like to buy 4 or 5 for her at T.J. max. It's hard to find cute dresses the rest of the year. So much of the little girl clothing is way too grown up.
My Etsy painting sold! Thank you, Cris from WA. And we'll see about my poppies on eBay tomorrow night. The suspense! This week I'm going to load up on canvases at Dick Blick. They have a big sale twice a year and it ends Wednesday. Ahhh! I better get going.

7 Comments:

Blogger June said...

Paperdolls seem a serendipitous subject today--I was just reading the March 1990 issue of the now-defunct Victoria magazine (I collect these) and there was an article about paperdolls. I think it would be cute to decoupage (or sew or whatever) paperdolls to a lampshade for a little girls' bedside lamp.

11:23 AM  
Blogger June said...

I'm sorry but I have to leave a second comment as I thought of something else to do with paperdolls. Scan them, print on fabric and sew to a quilt and pillow shams...oh yeah, how about a border on curtains? I think I'm getting carried away so I'll leave now.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous jona said...

I think they would look cute decoupaged on kids furniture, like a dresser or a table.
On a side note, I decided to try etsy (thanks for the inspiration!) and my scotty bag sold in 1 hour (after 2 tries on ebay)! Yippy!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Totally adorable.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Mama said...

Congrats on the paintings!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Noelle said...

i was just at costco and had to refrain from buying at least three dresses. they were all under 19.99 and amazingly cute. i love the paper dolls and all you commentors have such great ideas! i think i'm the only non imaginative one that comes on here. but i think you all are beginning to rub off. :)

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Cris said...

Thank you for the amazing work of art -- my daughter absolutely adores it!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home