Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Friday, February 02, 2007

The Mad Hatter




On Monday my sweet friend Haydee came over and showed me and another great friend, Kortney, how to crochet baby hats. Little did I know the obsession I was unleashing. What a fun little project! On Tuesday I had to register the car, which in MO means 4 different stops all over town, and lots of waiting. But before I began this all day affair I picked up some yarn. Who knew I could have so much fun waiting in line! I actually found myself hoping for longer waits.

Last night Dave was begging for his nightly orange julius or as he affectionately calls it OJJ (2 cups ice, 2 cups water, 1/3 can of frozen orange juice concentrate, and 2-3 Tbs vanilla pudding mix). The man is insatiable. But I use this to my advantage and got him to come downstairs and keep me company while I embellished these 2 hats. He sat at the computer listening to his language de jour CD's and I cut little bits of felt. I was even happy to listen to him explain grammar rules to me. There is simply nothing like having hand work to do.

I have so many friends having babies. I should be busy with this for a while. Emily, I know you're reading this. Pretend you never saw the little pink one. So much for surprises.

6 Comments:

Anonymous jona said...

Thanks for the great recipe, I'll have to try it! Those hats are just too much and I love your little display jars (who'duh thunk it?!). My daughter has been begging me to teach her to crochet (which I can barely do myself) and these hat's are sure an inspiration.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who this "Emily" friend is. But she sure sounds great. Yup.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Heather Bailey said...

I think you've discovered the true beauty of crochet and knitting - line-waiting made easy. Welcome to the club!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Kortney said...

I love the embellishments! You'll have to teach me that! You're already way ahead of me with the hats!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Noelle said...

Laura - love all of your creativity. just wanted to let you know that your blog is now a link on my blog. hoping that having you and michelle's blog on mine might help me become a little bit more artsy. oh who am i kidding?

9:02 PM  
Anonymous ginny said...

oooo i love these hats!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home