Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Poppies For Sale







Poppies, poppies, poppies. What is it about poppies? They just make me smile. Well, two of my treasured poppies are going public. That's right. I decided while I am working on getting prints made I can part with a few of my beloved creations.

Now, in the past I've sold my work at a boutique, so selling on the Internet is a new experience for me. For that reason, I am experimenting with 2 ways of selling my paintings. The poppy painting above, Tall Poppies on Blue, is available on eBay. The painting below, Poppies on Blue, is available at my Etsy Shop. (Sold!)

I would love to hear your tips on selling your work, or hear how you prefer to buy others' work. Any feedback is appreciated.


I already made one near foible in selling on eBay. As I was proofreading my post I realized I had titled my painting Tall Poopies on Blue. Phew, close one.












9 Comments:

Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!! Love them!!! I want one of each!!!!!!! You go, girl!!! You must be "strong" to part with your beloved poppies! I don't know if I could say "goodbye". Yeah, you better make prints, for SURE! IT will feel sooo good to sell one, though. Hope you are asking enough!!!! I'll go check it out! Good luck!!!!!!!!!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Would you please tell us if you used canvas or board? I love these, and am thinking of purchasing one.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Laura Gunn Studio said...

Oh my, did I not mention they are on canvas?? Thanks Amanda. I'll figure this out. They are on wrap around canvases with the staples on the back, so they don't need to be framed.

5:43 AM  
Blogger June said...

The poppies are gorgeous. They do indeed make me smile just looking at them.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Beebee Mod said...

Poppies are lovely...yours look great. Good luck on Etsy...it is a wonderful place to sell and buy. I have had great luck there! And the scottie dog quilt is awesome.

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Laura! Those tall poppies are GORGEOUS!

I found you through Heather's blog. I'm in St. Louis too.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

I have personally found that while I do have sales on ebay, I feel like I have to BEG for them. There is simply too much listed for people to find your item (unless they are looking for it.) I sell under a group name. "Boutique Jaynes." That way, people can find a style of designer they like and search one name and narrow down the results. But I have sold on other internet sources and found my clothing get snatched up almost immediately. So there's my big input LOL. Did it help? Probably not.

:)
Sandi

10:21 AM  
Anonymous jona said...

Congratulations on selling one of your works! I'm sure the money will make it a little easier to let go. ;) You must be thrilled!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Jenni-Raie said...

i LOVE poppies! i'm making a poppy painting for my bedroom :)

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home