Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Friday Strikes Again!



Friday strikes again! This was such a fun project that I had a hard time leaving Shannon's house. I've mentioned our Friday project days before. Well, this week Shannon had $75 to makeover her living room. Ooooooh, I live for challenges like that. In fact I've been thinking about it all week, I even barged in on their dinner with paint samples. So here's what we did:
  • Marc and Shannon found the curtain fabric at Urban Outfitters. (You may know I'm making everything out of their bedspreads these days) We started with the curtains for all other decisions.
  • They picked this fantastic orange for the wall.
  • We found the pillow fabric at Joann's. They do these prints on canvas now that are pretty cute and cheap.

On Friday:

  • Kim and Shannon painted the wall. (It's a lucky thing that Kim is a professional cliff jumper so she could face those vaulted ceilings)
  • Collete covered a cushion, sewed the curtains, and ingeniously repositioned the furniture. (She's amazing at laying out a room)
  • Michelle and I attacked an old print on Canvas Shannon had. She was tired of the Paris scene, so we painted over it. (That's it above the couch)

Have any of you ever done a collaborative painting? What fun. It was especially fun to do it with Michelle who doesn't have an ounce of caddy competitiveness. We just bounced back and forth with ideas. And I learned so much from her. I hope the other girls will forgive us. We were like a couple of zombies, hypnotized by our painting project.

Check out some of Michelle's paintings. I especially like this orchid, which looks nothing like a scary monster.

Speaking of paintings. My friend Trenna Lange helped me make prints of my paintings this week. I spent the whole day with her, at her beautiful home. She is doing some fantastic projects. My favorite: painting over her laminate floors. So gutsy! I love it. The whole day was so stimulating. I came home with so many ideas it about drove me crazy. Isn't that the best feeling?

Next on my agenda, get those prints on my Etsy shop. But today I am in charge of decorating for an upcoming formal for the youth at church. How does a 15 ft castle and 20 spray painted trees sound? Argh!!

4 Comments:

Blogger June said...

Wow! Your Friday group has done it again--another fantastic collaboration has emerged. What a great redecorating project.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Heather said...

Laura - wow - so, how long before you have an orange room now, after witnessing/helping with this transformation? It's beautiful and powerful and fun. Great choices, all.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Mary Ann said...

O yea! I was so disappointed, I decided to splurge on 3 panel painting and it was gone in a day! So now I have another chance, please let us know when the prints are in ESTY. Snooping dancing as my friend says!
Oh and the room...wow!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Noelle said...

i LOVE it. you guys could do a t.v. show easy. the funny thing before i read what the room was all about, when i saw the painting i thought, man i love that - it sure looks like something michelle did. love that you worked together on it. sounds like so much fun. very jealous over here in utahr. fun times.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home