Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Invasion of the Orchids



So I brought home a beautiful orchid to paint. I decided to paint a closeup, frontal view of it. But after hours of working at it, all I could think of was the freaky alien from the movie Predator. Is it just me, or is there a strong resemblance. Well, it ruined it for me and I had to completely give up on the painting. (This is probably more than I should reveal about myself.)
Well, I'm on to dalia buds. Please don't tell me if dalia buds elicit any scary images for you.

5 Comments:

Blogger June said...

I never ever thought of it in this way but once I looked at your pictures, I certainly could see a resemblance----and it's very, very scary!

Okay, happy thoughts, I must think happy thoughts (or I'll have nightmares tonight)...yes, happy thoughts...

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Holy scary flower-man!

Eek... I'm thinking daisies are nice...

10:54 AM  
Anonymous ginny said...

it must be the pregnancy brain.... i see it too. yikes.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Noelle said...

you are so funny. i can't believe you watched predator! i can never watch freaky movies or else i can't sleep. atleast the picture you took of the flower is beautiful. as for the scary guy....maybe i could get that mask for brigham for halloween. :) just kidding.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Brambleberry said...

Oh no! There is definately a resemblance.

I'm relieved to know I am not the only one that "sees" that kind of thing.

I think dahlias are a very safe alternative.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home