Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Kids' Room is Finished!!!!

Ahhhhh. Doesn't that sound nice. "Kids' Room," as in kids' plural. Dave and I still can't believe it and this little guy is due to come in less than 4 weeks. Well, I'm as ready as possible. Can't think of another thing to buy. The diaper bag is packed and so is my hospital bag. Of course, when Lily was born I did none of this. My sister had to run to the store after she was born for a nursing bra and who knows what else. But after over 5 years of wanting and working for this I am going to absolutely milk this lovely time of anticipation. Sooooooo....... Here's Miss Lily's side of the room. Plenty Girly. She loves waking up in a garden. She also loves arranging her bed just how she likes. Here's the boy side of the room.
This is a bit ridiculous. I know these burp rags won't stay rolled up like that for long, but for now, it's one of my favorite things in the room. Can you believe that darling little car painting Michelle did for me. I need to take a close up of it. Soooooo sweet. Thank you "Friday girls" for painting the dresser and making the curtains!
I found this blank sign at Wal-mart for a few bucks. Painted it with a G for Gunn (At least that's all I'm fessin' up to now).

9 Comments:

Blogger atet said...

How wonderful! I love the mural of flowers on your daughter's side of the room and how well the "girly" side and "boy" side work together, but are still individual. I want a room like that!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Mama said...

It's beautiful! The two spaces do work so wonderfully as independent places and together too... Lovely! I'd like to wake up in a garden of flowers myself!

10:08 AM  
Blogger becki said...

so beautiful!! I love the colors you chose and how well the boy and girl room mesh together!! I'm using your baby bedding as inspiration for us, as we don't know what we are having, but even if it is a girl i want an orange, aqua, and lime room...I think I can jazz it up with bows and flowers later on if we are blessed with a little girl! I hope your next few weeks go by nicely for you! Glad to you see you are prepared!

10:41 AM  
Blogger ginny said...

oh laura! that is so great that you are all done! i was due yesterday and im still not done! haha... you have such an eye for color. the room looks so wonderful and inviting. great job!
ohh yeah, let me know when the friday girls can come to my house :)

11:47 AM  
Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

Laura! I just am sooo tickled pink to see the gorgeous room you did and how smoothly it flows together for boy/girl!!! You must feel sooo relieved to have it all "done"! YAY! It's gorgeous and sunny and warm and sooo YOU!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

wow...it looks fabulous! love the flowers on the wall!

5:58 AM  
Blogger The Phony Crafter said...

completely adorable!!! i love, love, love the flowers on the wall!!!

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Bumpkin Bears said...

such a gorgeous room Laura, I would love to wake up in a garden like that everyday. aww I also love the little painted pony sign behind your sweet burp clothes and the little scotty dog is too cute.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Rachel H said...

Super fly flower wall! And the ability to transition into boy baby room is quite nice! Good job. I am pregnant and making considerations for possibly adding a baby into one of my two children's rooms...hmmm, it seems tricky- esp. with both sexes!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home