Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Looking on the Bright Side



Like everyone else who doesn't live in AZ, we are growing tired of cold days. Today there is just a bit of snow, but it seems to be falling vertically. But on the bright side, this does give me a bit more time to satisfy my newly acquired hat making obsession. Lily has been begging me to make her one. I happily obliged.
Last year my mom made Lily a skirt out of a tablecloth from Anthropology. (It matched the one she made for herself.) She wisely sent along a little scrap of the fabric. I used that for the flower, along with some felt. Super easy.

7 Comments:

Anonymous rebecca said...

cute! looks like she loves it!

3:23 PM  
Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

How precious...........adorable and so on! Love it! Love the skirt your momma made, too. High Five to you!!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Terese said...

I adore your paintings. Some day when I am not poor, I will for sure look you up for a purchase or two. :)

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog and can't remember how I stumbled onto it - maybe Betz White's blog?

Anyhoo… you have amazing talent! Great hat and boy would I love a pattern to the tablecloth skirt! How creative - love it!

Someday would love to buy one of your paintings as well - great work!

5:10 AM  
Anonymous JoJo said...

Just came across your site. Love your poppies...just the right blend of traditional and contemporary. Would love to bid one one someday.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous ginny said...

oooo, i love that hat. what a precious little girl! she looks super happy in her new hat and skirt.

4:09 PM  
Blogger amandajean said...

your paintings are great! I am jealous of your friday get-togethers...am trying to figure out how to get them going here! it's such a great idea.
I know what you mean about the snow falling vertically...it's the weirdest thing! we get lake effect snow here in MI and it just flies vertically...such a strange occurance.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home