Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Color Addict

This was just plain fun to paint. I love how the colors bleed into each other. I'm a sucker for bright colors. Growing up my mom painted our house in ultra bright colors. Standing in one hallway you could see bright orange, lemon yellow, turquoise, magenta, and chartreuse. And she had huge canvases she had painted in college all over the house. Color, color color. She made me an addict.

Flowers really feed this addiction for me. I'm amazed at the variety in color combinations. I love to examine how the colors change on a single petal. I suppose God could have made everything one color. But he didn't. And if he took all that time to make the world so interesting, I think there must be something valuable in creating beautiful things. Ah, but I'm waxing philosophical again.

10 Comments:

Blogger atet said...

Wax on -- I totally agree with you about color. Bright colors just make me plain happy, and your flower has just added a bit of brightness on a snowy April day.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Heather Bailey said...

That last comment was me. I accidentally pressed "return" and whoosh, I'm anonymous.

9:39 PM  
Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

This is a keeper, Laura! You have to keep this one for you or someone in your family! It's "beautiful" like Heather said!!!! You are just bursting with inspiration!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Brambleberry said...

LOVE it!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your flower paintings and have been wanting to try one myself. Could you post a tutorial of your methods? How you get the many layers, textures, brushstrokes? I thought of stretching cheap duckcloth over homemade square frames as a way to experiment cheaply, would this work?
Carolyn M.
Cincinnati OH

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the birth of your son! I read it in your Mom's blog.....now I know why you've been offline! Best wishes to the entire family.

Joanne

10:54 AM  
Blogger caroline said...

I LOVE it! Just looking at the picture I can see and sense how much fun it was to paint.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Mary Ann/Ca said...

OH wow! Son of a Gunn is here! Congrats, your Mom let it out on her blog...lol. Glad all is well and look forward to seeing a photo or two of Miss Lily and her little bro..

6:01 AM  
Blogger Bizzikid said...

Just fabulous! I really admire your ability to put so many colours together and texture!
Congratulations on your new addition!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home