Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Antique Row

I'm one lucky girl. My visit from Evie was followed by a visit from another sister, Maureen. Oh, the cleaning, organizing, diaper changing, and shopping. Moe left her 3 children and spent a week with me. We cleaned out my closet, moved out maternity clothes, and purchased a few replacements. We even painted my bedroom. With all the craziness at home I didn't have time to show her all the things in St. Louis I would have liked to, but we did make a stop at my favorite shopping venue. In down town St Louis, there's an area called Cherokee Row. My husband found it once while jogging. It's lined with old buildings converted into antique stores. It's not like the antique stores I grew up with in the west. There's so much old stuff out here and a lot of cool architectural findings.

Our find of the day was this little metal shovel. It'll look great in the kids room. And Moe got a deal on some nativity figures. She does hers all mismatched. What a great idea! We also discovered a new cafe (Mississsippi Mud House) with yummy Italian soda. Moe is the best at finding places like that.

Below are some finds from previous visits to Cherokee Row. Heather and I found the little cabinet with the depression glass in it. I painted the back of it to show off the glass. Heather helped me hang the darn thing. (Anyone else have plaster walls??) My mom got me the depression glass and the large cabinet below on another outing to Cherokee Row with my friend Collette.


6 Comments:

Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

How ccccute!! Love it all! The depression glass is so perfect with everything you have! Nothing like a picker upper of a freshly painted room! Let's see those pics sometime! ;)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Gaile said...

I love that cabinet! (and I recall I shovel like that from when I was a kid). Great find.

6:40 PM  
Blogger atet said...

Oooh -- what fun finds. Hmmm...St. Louis you say? (calculating the cost of gas vs. the fantastic finds...but no, just doesn't equate. Darn)

2:26 AM  
Blogger June said...

It's ever so much fun to get things done from the to-do list with a friend--makes it more pleasant and the time really goes by faster.

I love all your finds--the little shovel is ever so adorable.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

What a beautiful little boy! Your art work is amazing as always! I found your blog from Heathers who went to school with my sister in law Denise. Small world hu?

10:16 PM  
Blogger zees5 said...

Love the tulips! And the vintage cabinet. Wish I had room for one. I also really like the glass jars - can you please tell me where I might find one of those. Enjoying your posts!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home