Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Magnolias are out Again




Did you know the Magnolia tree is a prehistoric plant. Cool, eh? Well, they are all over in St Louis, and so beautiful. They come out in early Spring. But, surprise, surprise the really giant ones wait around and come out later. I love this second wave, when all the other blooming trees have finished up.


I did these 3 tiny ink and acrylic pieces: Magnolias on different shades of green. My scanner changes the color a bit.
Things are a bit crazy here. Well, I'm typing with 1 hand (holding the baby with the other.) but thought I'd check in.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brambleberry said...

Those are breathtaking!

1:54 PM  
Blogger thewoodenspool said...

Refreshing and loverly! Soothing!

3:08 PM  
Blogger atet said...

Oooh -- and no wonder things are crazy there. Glad to see even with the craziness you are finding time to feed the soul as well!

10:36 PM  
Blogger monkeyporkbun said...

These are absolutely beautiful!

10:44 PM  
Blogger LibbyHosler said...

These are nice, Laura. When I lived in Dogtown, outside my apt building there was a beautiful old Magnolia tree. I loved it when it was in bloom! As they say here in the 'Lou....Garjust, doll. Just Garjus!

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Mary Ann/Ca said...

So pretty and they exude such a sense of peace and tranquility...which I'm sure you're needing in a house with a baby, sweet as he is!

6:19 AM  
Blogger lynne said...

These are so beautiful. I love the edges of your drawings - they really highlight the beauty of the shapes to me. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

and, congratulations on your sweet new one!! He seems to be very inspiring!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home