Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Do 2 Right Brains Make a Right?


I've been wanting to post a close-up of this charming little painting my friend Michelle made for baby Luke. Oh, I do love orange. And could those little cars be any cuter. Simple genius.

Michelle and I have been divulging some of our short comings (as fellow right brainers.) First, as we were cleaning Kim's blinds on a Friday, we commiserated about how far from a to do list cleaning blinds was for the two us. Not even on the radar screen. Then yesterday we laughed about forgetting appointments. I'm so bad that my friends are learning to compensate for me. A few weeks ago a friend called to remind me that Lily needed to be at her daughter's birthday party in two hours. Thank heaven she called. I actually had forgotten. Both little girls wouldv'e been devastated. Michelle and I considered keeping one another's calenders. Would I be better at remembering what she needs to do???

On a completely unrelated topic, I am in love with these baby booties my mom sent. She found them at a boutique and they have my sister-in-law's fabric on the bottom. I'm finding they go with every outfit. I must say, dressing a boy is much more fun than I expected.


4 Comments:

Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

Cute tootsies!!!! Love 'em! I am with you on the right brain stuff, girlfriend!!! It's called: "mom brain"......we're soo completely consumed with our kids and the busy-ness of life that we don't mean to "forget" important things, but it just happens! *sigh* fighting off a headache as we speak....the heat is getting to me already, this summer! Argh!

7:16 PM  
Blogger atet said...

I'd love to blame right brainedness, but I just have the feeling that somewhere along the way my brain cells have just given up. It's gotten worse since I had a child -- so that could be it!

That painting and those booties are way, way too cute!

9:12 PM  
Blogger curley girley said...

HI Laura. My Name is Katie. I am a friend of your crazy fun mother and Maureen. I'm the one that made the booties. I actually met your mom at Winco, the time she crashed into the salsa isles and the asian tour group came around the corner. Super cool family. I wanted to tell you more about the booties. Your mother gave me a tour of her very cool studio and gave me some of Heather's fabric. She explained that she's a conduit for creativity. So I wanted to "go with the flow" and give back to her. She'd mentioned you were having a boy and I thought these would be so fun for your little Luke. Glad to hear you're enjoying them. You can refer people to my website (new name) www.pujbaby.com Congratulations Laura!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Cute booties and I so have to agree that dressing a boy is soo much more fun that was expected!!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home