Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Monday, July 02, 2007

Collect Away, Mom!



I think Depression Glass is a great misnomer. It should be called elation glass, or giddy glass. My mom has been collecting green depression glass for me for a few years. These are the most recent additions to my collection. Ooh-la-la. I'm happy to be the recipient of my mom's passion for collecting. Her home is just dripping with little pretties. And lucky for me, this sometimes overflows into the homes of her children. Now I really need to have someone over for lunch.

Speaking of food, I'm shooting for 7 servings of produce a day. That inspired this yummy salad with feta, roasted chicken, avacado, pear, and this awsome pear vinegrette from Trader Joe's. It just had to be photographed.

I'm off! My mom is here for 8 days and we are determined to do some serious crafting and serious shopping.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

Ok, Laura, You are sooo lucky! Love these pretties in the most lovely shade of green! And that salad is so yummy looking, looks good enough to eat! ;) Have fun with your mom! ~

10:47 AM  
Blogger atet said...

Oh what fun pretties. My mother in law collects the pink depression glass -- I always love going over there for dinner!

That salad looks fantastic! I think I may have to try something similar! Have a great time with your Mom!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I must say that looks pretty tasty!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

i agree that is the most fabulous shade of green...guaranteed to make salads more yummy!

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home