Laura Gunn Studio

lauragunnstudio@gmail.com

Saturday, July 07, 2007

My Mom's a Genius!


Shannon's turn! This week for Friday Group we went to Shannon's. And what fun, I dragged my mom along. Shannon's havin' a baby boy in 3 weeks and wants to get her nursery all gussied up. I know all about those nesting hormones so I was ready to help. You won't believe the job she gave us: "Here's $75, shop for my nursery." So there we were with her cash and a little inspiration from Heather Ross' gold fish fabric. This was a lot more fun than scrubbing Collette's Base boards the week before.

We found some killer deals at Hobby Lobby on unpainted wood. And some charming antique reproduction kitsch. I'll share all that as the nursery makeover unfolds, but I couldn't wait to tell you about my mom's hanger idea. We wanted some cute hangers for Shannon to hang some itty-bitty boy clothes on. There was nothing to buy with our budget so we got a pack of satin hangers at Target and my mom covered them with brown corduroy and ribbon. It took her a little over an hour to cover all three. Zoom in on the pics below and I think you'll see it's a simple project. Simple, but ingenious!






8 Comments:

Blogger Abby said...

Those look awesome!

11:24 PM  
Blogger atet said...

How cool are they? Way to go EPB!

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Heather said...

Big green polka-dot bow! She is a genius.

12:53 AM  
Blogger The Blue Barn said...

Are those really mine? You guys are so sweet to work so hard for my little guy. I can't believe how adorable those are!! You're mom is truly talented and kind. Thanks so much...I can't wait to see how the rest turns out...I'm not sure I even deserve such quality in my little home!!!!

7:50 AM  
Blogger June said...

What an adorable idea--your mom is indeed a genius!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Brambleberry said...

Love the hangers. So much fun to have girlfriends to Friday with.

4:57 AM  
Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

Now those are too cute! Lovely!!! I must try that out! Thanks for the photo tutorial! :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger becki said...

Those are so cool! I love using Heather Ross's fabric as inspiration too! I stole your nursery idea, but fell in love with it at first sight (hope you don't mind)!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home